Thursday, April 21, 2011

Juicy Lucy... and other thoughts

So I went to the 5-8 Club in Champlin tonight. First thing, I've been to two 5-8's and Matt's Bar.  I think both versions of the Juicy Lucy is great!  Champlin beats Minneapolis hands down.  Cleaner, better service, more bow room and just as busy.  I've learned to not get fancy at 5-8.  Stick with the American cheese. Now what I believe makes Matt's Bar's Juicy better is what I like to call "explosive cheese".  When you bite into a hot Matt burger, the cheese explodes with a rush that's reminiscent of...Burger jumping? ...Mt. Vesuvius? ...A great night with that special person (wink)?  Not saying that 5-8's is bad, just different.  I think 5-8's is more Midwest, meat and potato friendly. Bigger, thicker with more options. It's like comparing a great scoop of homemade vanilla ice cream, no frills, with a sundae from Baskin-Robbins (are those around anymore?).  They're two completely different versions of.the.same thing. One is great because of its simplicity, the other is great because it is... not as simple. Either way, eat them.  All the time. Indiscriminately!  And remember. The Champlin 5-8 rules. Mmmm Broasted chicken!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts?